Complete peace of mind. Whether you are home or away, the Automatic Home Generator System provides fully automatic protection from power outages.
* The generator set and its components are prototype-tested, factory-built, and production-tested.
* The generator set accepts rated load in one step.
* The generator set is UL 2200 listed and UL listed to Canadian Safety Standards.
* A one-year limited warranty covers all systems and components. A two-year extended warranty is also available.
* Integral vibration isolation eliminates the need for under-unit vibration spring isolators.
- Natural gas or LP fueled
- Electronic engine controls for optimized fuel and spark performance
- Four cylinder, four cycle engine
- An electronic, isochronous governor for precise frequency regulation
-High silicone content pistons for improved durability
* ADC 2100 digital controller features:
- LED display provides diagnostic capability
- Digital voltage regulator with ±1.5% no-load to full-load regulation
- Superior electronics protection from corrosion and vibration
FEATURES of Kohler residential power systems that results in a superior product for the homeowner:
* Superior Brand recognition and history of reliability, quality, service.
* Standard sound attenuation 65 dB(A), 8.5RES and 12RES. Others typically over 72 which is exponentially louder.
* Rodent proof construction – no hassles.
* Environmentally Safe. EPA and CARB (California Air Resources Board) certified.
* ADC 2100 Advanced Digital Controller (mod. 8.5, 12, 15, 30). The Only digital-electronic controller in industry.
* Digital Electronic governor for precise frequency regulation: +/- 0.5 % (1/3 hz).
* Digital voltage regulator : +/- 1.5% no load to full load.
* LED Display, diagnostics.
Others have frequency swings up to +/- 3.0 hertz - a range (9) times larger!! Which can be detrimental to sensitive electronic devices and computer equipment.
Most precise voltage and frequency regulation in industry - clean power (often better than utility service) that is safe for digital equipment / sensitive electronics / computers / home offices / appliances.
* DSAM Digital Spark Advance Module. Optimizes timing for LP and Natural Gas resulting in greater power and motor starting capability.
* This means POWER. On LP FUEL, the KOHLER 12RES is the only 12kW unit in the industry that will start and run a 4-ton air conditioner with 6 kW (25 amps) of pre-load!!!
From the engineering department at Kohler:
“The 12RES is able to start a typical 4 Ton Central Air conditioner unit with the genset carrying half load. Based on lab testing it will start 140 amps of compressor locked rotor inrush current with 25 amps of preload at 98 degrees F outside temperature. The compressor inrush current is listed on the nameplate of the air conditioner.”
(The same is true for the lower, natural gas rating, however the pre-load must be limited to 4 kW, or about 16 amps)
* Stronger Engines, Faster Engines.
* Heavy duty industrial grade engines for the residential product line:
* See DSAM discussion above.
* KOHLER: 8.5 and 12 kW, air cooled
* GENERAL MOTORS 15 kW through 100 kW, liquid cooled
* Others are using a variety of second tier manufacturers such as Briggs and Stratton.
* Response time after power outage is less than 10 SECONDS. Others as high as 30 second
The Kohler 12RES is the strongest, fastest, cleanest, most preciseAND the most quiet 12 kW generator system available those ADVANTAGES, add EVEN MORE……..
Oil Consumption: others predict up to 0.40 ounces per hour of oil consumption by air-cooled units. Inconvenient and potentially damaging during long term outages.
* Oil Changes: Kohler units use an integral oil cooler, allowing recommended oil change frequency of 100 hours. Others require oil changes every 50 hours of operation.
* Valve Clearance: Generac requires adjustment of the valve clearance on the 12 kW after the first 50 hours of operation. Most homeowners do not want this headache and could not perform the work – nor do they want the consequences of failing to do it.
* Heavier duty transfer switches rated NEMA 1 and 3R - with higher current withstand ratings. Others use NEMA 1, indoor only, light duty current ratings.
* Lower Fuel Pressure Required. Low, 7 to 11 in. wg. pressure requirement provides more flexibility of natural gas applications than others that require 11-14 in. wg.
* Single point, local service and parts availability
With KOHLER, the homeowner receives heavier construction, higher quality components, better performance, more features and better materials.
These technical features alone demonstrate why, in all fairness, there would be a price difference for a KOHLER Power System. While never the cheapest option, KOHLER provides the best quality, construction, design and features – and therefore provides the highest value.
Just as we easily recognize that there IS a difference between Mercedes and Hyundai…
There IS a difference between KOHLER and the others.