Datacolor ColorFacts Professional 6.0
A Windows® based application; Datacolor ColorFacts ProfessionalTM 6.0 is a flexible, easy-to-use color calibration software system. This integrated hardware and software bundle analyzes and optimizes the performance of video display systems, LCD, rear projection TV’s, front projectors, plasma displays and direct-view televisions. ColorFacts technology is targeted for professional calibrators and high-end AV enthusiasts who demand the best tools available.
Datacolor ColorFacts is an easy-to-use color calibration software system for analyzing and optimizing the performance of video display systems. The system consists of hardware and a software component. The software runs on a computer and displays the analysis results on the computer screen. The results can be saved as files or can be printed, if desired.
With an intuitive, configurable, full-color user interface, Datacolor ColorFacts Professional reduces the time required to accurately calibrate almost any display. It enhances realism by extending highlight and shadow detail. It calibrates the display to the entire video chain—all the way from DVD to screen. It realizes the film director’s original version by using the same industry standard. Displays calibrated by ColorFacts will display a higher-quality image with more detail in the picture. The colors will be more natural and lifelike. The text will be more legible with no colored outlines.
ColorFacts is recognized by the Imaging Science Foundation (ISF), an organization dedicated to promoting professional video standards and educating the industry in the importance and the proper techniques of video calibration.
• Goal-oriented, wizard-based color measurement tool
• Intuitive, configurable, full-color user interface
• Internally or externally generated test images
• Meter Training Wizard allows you to train one meter with another
• Automatically graphs all important display characteristics with no user involvement
• Calibration Wizard to assist with Cuts & Gains adjustments
• Measures and displays gamma
• Bulls-eye style correction targeting
• Measures and displays color gamut (device primaries)
• Selectable color system reference parameters (NTSC, ATSC/HDTV, PAL/SECAM, user-defined)
• Selectable calibration target (A, B, C, D50, D55, D65, D75, E, 9300 K, User-Defined Temperature or Coordinates)
• Import / Export ability (*.csv, *.bmp, *.jpg, *.pdf)
• Calibrate Video Walls and Multi-Display Systems
• Integrates directly with test image DVDs (Avia, Video Essentials, PF Test Disc)
• Integrates directly with signal generators
• Datacolor C3 Remote integration
• Optimize LCD, RPTV, front projector, plasma or direct view sets
• Enhance the depth and realism of the image by maximizing contrast
• Correct the new set from its 'torch mode' state used for display on
• Minimize unnatural black crushing
• Remove the “Blue push” present in many displays
• Improve 'Dark Surround' viewing when the display is watched in a dark room
• Calibrate the display to the entire video chain... all the way from DVD
• Reproduce the vision of a film director by using the same industry standards
• Turn business displays into home theater performers
* GretagMacbeth Eye-One Monitor (w/ spectral graphing)
* GretagMacbeth EyeOne Display
* PhotoResearch PR-650 (w/ spectral graphing)
* ColorVision Spyder (originally resold slightly modified as the "Optimagery Sensor")
* Minolta CL-200 handheld chroma meter
* Minolta CS-100A through-the-lens colorimeter
* Minolta CA-210 LCD "box" colorimeter
* Minolta CA-100 colorimeter
* Minolta CS-1000 1 nm resolution spectroradiometer (w/spectral graphing)
* Milori Trichromat-1 (rebranded Sequel Imaging Chroma 4)
* Generic, non-password protected Sequel Imaging Chroma driver
* Manual Meter (values may be typed in from any instrument for which XYZ or xyY values are obtainable)
* Simulated Meter (a "smart" random number generator produces software generated readings for display)
Each meter can be independently turned "on" or "off" with registration settings that are centrally controlled.
Signal generators supported by ColorFacts Professional:
* Sencore VP400, 401, 402, 403
* QuantumData 802 series
* External test disc (Avia, Video Essentials, PF Test Disc)
Be sure to add me to your favorites list!